Thursday, October 27, 2011

Video of flashbang that hit #ScottOlsen

His name is #ScottOlsen. His name is #ScottOlsen. His name is #ScottOlsen. His name is #ScottOlsen. 

Video has surfaced of the flashbang that injured Scott Olsen. He was already hurt on the ground, being aided by other protesters as a member of OPD intentionally threw the flashbang into the crowd.

In my non-Anonymous life, I personally have the displeasure of knowing a retired NYPD officer. My sisters and I call him "uncle creepy" because of his over neediness to be liked. "Uncle Creepy" delighted in bragging about the instances he would abuse his power and fuck over what always seemed to be an innocent citizen. Everything from planting evidence to police brutality.

The story that haunts me most is that he once found a hand gun on a bus full of passengers. It was likely that the gun had been there for hours and the owner was long gone. It had been a slow month for him and he needed to made his quota or risk some sort of penalty, so he arrested every single passenger on the bus and charged them with illegal possession of a lethal weapon. I'm sure of of those people were already on probation and could have been sent back to prison because of this. I brought this up to him, and he just shrugged and laughed. "Who cares."

Did I mention I was little more than thirteen when he told me this? Yes. Uncle Creepy indeed.

When I see this video, I think of my Uncle Creepy. Remorseless. Its disgusting.

They need to do better psychological evaluations of the people that they take into these positions. How many other Uncle Creepies are out there chanting "Serve and Protect" as they cross their fingers?

No comments:

Post a Comment